1. Can my child be swabbed for COVID-19 at Just Kids RI Sick Care?
a. Just Kids has the ability to swab any child being seen for a sick visit for COVID-19.
However, we cannot swab children who do not have an appointment to see one of our
doctors or nurse practitioners.
2. Does Just Kids RI Sick Care have a rapid COVID-19 swab?
a. At this time, we do not have the rapid COVID swab but please check back in the future.
We only offer the PCR test at this time.
3. How long do the COVID-19 swab results take to come back?
a. We send our swabs to East Side Laboratory and the current turnaround time is 3-7 days.
4. Do you have any recommendations for other places to have children tested for COVID-19?
a. Children aged 4-18 who go to school in Rhode Island can call the K-12 testing program
through the Department of Health for testing only (no sick evaluation). Their phone
number is 1-844-857-1814.
5. How do I know if my child needs a COVID-19 swab?
a. We do not provide medical advice over the phone but are happy to schedule an
appointment for your child. If you are unsure if they should be seen or tested for
COVID-19, please contact his or her primary care provider.
6. Can adults be tested for COVID-19 at Just Kids?
a. Unfortunately, we can only test people 17 years of age and younger. Please check with
your primary care provider or the Department of Health to find a a place for adults to be
7. Can Just Kids RI Sick Care evaluate my child if they have symptoms of COVID-19 or if he or she
has been exposed to the virus?
a. Yes, we have the resources to see children who have or may have COVID-19. If this is a
medical emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Department. If you
need any further advice on where your child should be seen, please contact his or her primary
8. My child was exposed to COVID-19, what do I do next?
a. Please call your primary care provider for instructions. If you need your child evaluated by a
provider, call our office to set up an appointment.